In July of 2014 Omega introduced a new box set to go with the Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch, in addition to a new bracelet reference. Below I’ll walk you through all the bits and pieces that come with the ‘Big Box’ Speedmaster Professional – save for the warranty card and it’s sleeve.
The Speedmaster is one of the most versatile watches when it comes to straps – this thing looks good on just about anything. So how about a Speedmaster Professional on leather NATO? Pretty sweet right?
Omega’s NATO straps are available through our friends over at Ace Jewelers.
Today our friends over at Ace Jewelers received their very first new Omega Speedmaster box – the one filled with goodies that we wrote about earlier.
The fun starts with the outer box as pictured above. On the center we find the Speedmaster Seahorse. It opens to both sides and it is covered by a black cardboard sleeve.
Inside we find this stellar fabric-covered work of art, perhaps the best bit of the new Speedmaster box. This one too is fitted with a Seahorse medaillon. The lid is secured by two hinges. Apparently the Speedmaster is now not only the Moonwatch, but a Legendary Moonwatch. Cool.
Two new bookles, one about strap changes and one about the Speedmasters history, are found at the bottom of the outer box.
An overview of the inside. The straps, changing tool and extra pushpins fit into the big lid at the top. The loupe fits in the smaller lid at the left.
The loupe is fitted with a tachymeter scale in Speedmaster style. Next to it is the NASA-style velcro strap and on the far left is the NATO-style strap. Both are very nicely done. In terms of quality, the NATO feels a few steps above your average strap.
Branded strap-changing tool and Speedmaster Seahorse coin. The little sachet holds the extra pushpins – four of them.
Detail of the NASA-style strap and the NATO strap. The NATO is fitted with a signed buckle and nice angular keepers.
Last but not least – the Omega Speedmaster Professional 3188.8.131.52.01.005, now fitted with a screwed bracelet!
Check out the Ace Jewelers eBoutique for the latest info on pricing. Ace Jewelers is Authorized Dealer for Omega.
Breaking news: the Speedmaster Professional gets a new reference number, a new box (with goodies), an updated bracelet and a price increase.
The new box includes an Omega black NATO strap, a velcro strap resembling the one used by NASA, a loupe (with tachymeter!), a strap changing tool and a Speedmaster plate/ coin with the Seahorse logo. Also included are instructions for strap changes and a book detailing Speedmaster highlights.
It is quite a departure from the box that was used to date and very fitting for an icon such as the Speedmaster. The extra straps seem to indicate that Omega is listening to collectors – both are popular choices among Speedmaster-aficionado’s.
According to our information it will also be available separately – sans watch but including the other goodies. [We will update this post once we have confirmation of this.]
- Moonwatch box has ref. 9410.63.14. Price is EUR 540 incl. VAT
- Bracelet on the new reference is the screwed 9300 type – no more folding pins
The new reference numbers are in line with the PIC system as explained here, in line with the other watches in the Omega collection and as explained here, are as follows:
Omega Speedmaster Professional Hesalite on bracelet:
- OLD reference Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
- NEW reference Omega Speedmaster Professional 3184.108.40.206.01.005
Omega Speedmaster Professional Hesalite on strap:
- OLD reference Omega Speedmaster Professional 3870.50.31
- NEW reference Omega Speedmaster Professional 3220.127.116.11.01.001
Omega Speedmaster Professional Sapphire on bracelet:
- OLD reference Omega Speedmaster Professional 3573.50.00
- NEW reference Omega Speedmaster Professional 318.104.22.168.01.006
Omega Speedmaster Professional Sapphire on strap:
- OLD reference Omega Speedmaster Professional 3873.50.31
- NEW reference Omega Speedmaster Professional 322.214.171.124.01.002
Check out the prices at Authorized Dealer Ace Jewelers:
- Omega Speedmaster Professional 3126.96.36.199.01.005 (HES / Br)
- Omega Speedmaster Professional 3188.8.131.52.01.001 (HES / Str)
- Omega Speedmaster Professional 3184.108.40.206.01.006 (SA / Br)
- Omega Speedmaster Professional 3220.127.116.11.01.002 (SA / Str)
We invite you to share your thoughts in the comments below!