A few days ago I found out about Juxtapose, a tool which allows one to make direct comparisons between two pics. Sounds like fun, so I gave it a go with the standard-issue Omega Speedmaster 3184.108.40.206.01.006 versus the Apollo 11 50th Anniversary 310.20.42.50.01.001. So – once you’re done playing with the slider – what’s the final verdict?
In July of 2014 Omega introduced a new box set to go with the Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch, in addition to a new bracelet reference. Below I’ll walk you through all the bits and pieces that come with the ‘Big Box’ Speedmaster Professional – save for the warranty card and it’s sleeve.
Breaking news: the Speedmaster Professional gets a new reference number, a new box (with goodies), an updated bracelet and a price increase.
The new box includes an Omega black NATO strap, a velcro strap resembling the one used by NASA, a loupe (with tachymeter!), a strap changing tool and a Speedmaster plate/ coin with the Seahorse logo. Also included are instructions for strap changes and a book detailing Speedmaster highlights.
It is quite a departure from the box that was used to date and very fitting for an icon such as the Speedmaster. The extra straps seem to indicate that Omega is listening to collectors – both are popular choices among Speedmaster-aficionado’s.
According to our information it will also be available separately – sans watch but including the other goodies. [We will update this post once we have confirmation of this.]
- Moonwatch box has ref. 9410.63.14. Price is EUR 540 incl. VAT
- Bracelet on the new reference is the screwed 9300 type – no more folding pins
The new reference numbers are in line with the PIC system as explained here, in line with the other watches in the Omega collection and as explained here, are as follows:
Omega Speedmaster Professional Hesalite on bracelet:
- OLD reference Omega Speedmaster Professional 3570.50.00
- NEW reference Omega Speedmaster Professional 3220.127.116.11.01.005
Omega Speedmaster Professional Hesalite on strap:
- OLD reference Omega Speedmaster Professional 3870.50.31
- NEW reference Omega Speedmaster Professional 318.104.22.168.01.001
Omega Speedmaster Professional Sapphire on bracelet:
- OLD reference Omega Speedmaster Professional 3573.50.00
- NEW reference Omega Speedmaster Professional 322.214.171.124.01.006
Omega Speedmaster Professional Sapphire on strap:
- OLD reference Omega Speedmaster Professional 3873.50.31
- NEW reference Omega Speedmaster Professional 3126.96.36.199.01.002
Check out the prices at Authorized Dealer Ace Jewelers:
- Omega Speedmaster Professional 3188.8.131.52.01.005 (HES / Br)
- Omega Speedmaster Professional 3184.108.40.206.01.001 (HES / Str)
- Omega Speedmaster Professional 3220.127.116.11.01.006 (SA / Br)
- Omega Speedmaster Professional 318.104.22.168.01.002 (SA / Str)
We invite you to share your thoughts in the comments below!